Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institute (GTBPI) was established in the
year 1994 to fulfill the current demands of qualified Engineers in the
field of Computer Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering,
and Mechanical Engineering.
G.T.B.P.I. is a minority Institute Managed by Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management
Committee, which is a premier representative body of Sikhs in Delhi. The
management is already running four colleges, ten Public Schools, five
Khalsa Schools, One Gurmat College, one Industrial Training Institute
in Delhi. The Polytechnic imparts diploma in various disciplines viz.
Mechanical Engineerig, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Digital Electronics & Microprocessor Design and Automobile
Engineering. The Diploma programme in Computer Engineerig is at par with
Diploma offered by NIIT as per the revised syllabus of Computer Engineering.
Similarly the syllabus of Electronics & Communication Engineering,
Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering have been revised to
make these courses more technological based to meet the requirements of
Highlights of Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institute
- An excellent building with all modern facility.
- Well maintained laboratories with latest state of art equipments.
- Experienced and dedicated Faculty.
- Low-intake to cater for proper availability technical facility to each
- Training and Placement cell for providing quality training and placement.
- Personal guidance and supervision to each student.
- Full fledged library/Reference library.
- Good Administration to take care of student needs.
- Cordial and Disciplined atmosphere for coeducation.
- Playgrounds and auditorium for extra curricular activities.
- Extraordinary results in BTE Examination.
- Extra classes/Tutorials for weak students.
- Monthly reports for performance and attendance to Parents.
on the mission, the college has set the following objective:
-To provide down to earth Technical Education.
identify need of specialized technical knowledge and develop the courses
to suit the requirement.
assimilate the emerging Technologies in the existing system.
to cater for proper availability technical facility to each student.
prepare the engineer with sound technical knowledge so that they can face
the challenge with confidence.
prepare the engineers with enough interpersonal skills so that they are
able to deal with the persons at all levels within the organisation of
their professional and also outside their organisation.
prepare the engineers to identify the opportunities and to become successful